Summer is finally here which means we’re filling every weekend with fun events and memorable trips. If you’re not hopping from plane to plane this summer, don’t sweat it. We’ve got just the summer staycation plans for you. You tell us what kinda shopper you are, and we’ll tell you the best places to shop, play, dine and stay in Plano.
If You’re a Luxury Lover
You can’t spell luxurious without “u”, so if you’re a shopper with an eye for the more glamorous we’ve got just the staycation for you. Over the last few years, North Texas has enjoyed its fair share of grand openings – including 6 luxury brand storefronts. So let’s kick off your summer the only way we know how: a shopping spree!
- Where to Shop: Legacy West‘s Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Tiffany & Co, Tory Burch, Johnny Was, and Chanel Beauty
- What to Do: Grab drinks at Earl’s Kitchen & Bar
- Where to Eat: Knife Steakhouse at The District at Willow Bend
- Where to Stay: Renaissance Dallas at Plano Legacy West Hotel
If You’re Ready for Family Fun
Grab the kiddos and pack your weekend bags, because Plano is the place to be for a fun-filled staycation. Just a quick drive from Dallas and Fort Worth, escape from the hustle and bustle of the big city and give the suburbs life a chance.
- Where to Shop: Animal Crackers
- What to Do: Spend a day at the Crayola Experience or under the sun at The Texas Pool
- Where to Eat: Legacy Hall‘s 25+ restaurants
- Where to Stay: Hilton Dallas/Plano Granite Park
If You Need a Girl’s Weekend
Shopping is kind of our thing. So a girl’s shopping trip is basically our paradise. Shop ’till you drop at North Texas’ best women’s boutiques for styles that you won’t find anywhere else. Summer wardrobe here we come!
- Where to Shop: The Shops at Legacy including Ella Bleu, y&i, Impeccable Pig, Molly & Scout, and Apricot Lane
- What to Do: Get your art on at Paint my Pottery and Pipe & Palette
- Where to Eat: Grab a glass of red at Sixty Vines or dine al fresco at Ebb & Flow
- Where to Stay: Nylo Dallas Plano Hotel
If You’re an Outdoor Enthusiast
Close your eyes, take a deep breath, and when you open them again imagine yourself in the shaded woods of Oak Point Park or the innovative aisles of Nike by Legacy West. Feeling better? So are we.
- Where to Shop: Legacy West’s Fabletics, Lululemon, and Nike
- What to Do: Glide through the sky at Go Ape or discover something fresh at the Red Tent Farmers Market every Saturday from 9am-2pm and Sunday from 11am-4pm
- Where to Eat: The Boardwalk at Granite Park‘s 10+ restaurants
- Where to Stay: Dallas/Plano Marriott at Legacy Town Center
Featured Image by Arturo Rivera via Unsplash